Uber DSA Program- Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program is currently open for application, so qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. It is a fully funded program.
About Uber DSA Program
Uber DSA Program is a 6-month, paid, full-time training programme consisting of 3 months of classroom instruction followed by 3 months of on-the-job training and mentorship while working on impactful real-life Uber projects.
Uber DSA Program Target
This programme is designed for individuals with an enthusiasm for analytics, but who haven’t had the opportunity to work on data science challenges in a world-class tech environment.
In the first 3 months, participants will take classroom training on data science fundamentals designed and led by the University of Maryland Global Campus.
Participants will then spend the last 3 months with Uber’s inspiring Data Science leaders to work on capstone projects within our Mobility, Core Services, or Marketing organizations. After completing the 6 month DSA programme, apprentices will be fast-forwarded in the hiring process (skip the initial rounds) to be interviewed for a full-time placement with data science teams.
Benefits of Uber DSA Program
- Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of probability, statistics, and data preparation.
- Sharpen your expertise with SQL, and learn basics of Python.
- Gain expertise in data visualization and dashboarding.
- Understand how to refine ambiguous questions and generate hypotheses.
- Develop deeper understanding of how to design experiments and interpret the results.
- Learn how to measure success through Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics.
- Work side-by-side with Uber data scientists making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
Program Requirement for Uber DSA Program
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field AND/OR 2+ years of professional experience in a data, analytics, engineering, or research field;
- Foundational knowledge of SQL;
- Basic understanding of statistics and A/B testing;
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Full-time availability from January 2023 – June 2023;
- Availability to start full-time employment in June 2023 should you be extended a full-time offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Authorization to work in the US;
- Ability to work from Uber’s San Francisco HQ a minimum of 3 days per week.
How to Apply for Uber DSA Program
The application program is done via the Portal so interested applicant can click APPLY HERE to start the process.
Thank you for the time you spent to digest this article on Uber DSA Program, i hope you find this information useful, please share it in social media platform for friends and family.