Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview – As hiring becomes global and more employees work remotely; video interviews becomes imperative and easy platform. For hiring managers and recruiters, they’re a way to quickly conduct first-round interviews, save on transportation costs, and get the interview process started much faster than scheduling in-person interviews. For some position the entire process can be handles virtually.
Video Types for Interviews – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview – Your interview may be a live video chat with a hiring manager or recruiter, or you may be invited to participate in an on-demand interview. With an on-demand interview, you will record your responses to a series of interview questions for the hiring manager to review at a later time.1
Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
The key to a successful video interview is to practice ahead of time, so as to avoid technical issues and gain confident.
Please note that, a video interview carries as much weight as an interview conducted in-person, its vital to ensure adequate preparation ahead before the interview.
Interview Expectation – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
Your expectation should be that any virtual platform can be used, the video platform will vary depending on the company, but a ResumeGo survey reports that employers typically use.
- Zoom: 43%
- Skype: 12%
- Google Meet/Hangouts: 19%
- Microsoft Teams: 7%
- Cisco WebEx: 5%
- Other: 14%
Zoom ranks even higher as the most-used platform in another report. The Zenefits report notes that Zoom is the most commonly used interviewing platform (72%), followed by Skype (43%).3
Surveyed companies reported that most interviews lasted under an hour:
- Under 30 minutes: 36%
- Between 30 minutes and 1 hour: 48%
- Over 1 hour: 16%
Proper Preparation Ahead – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
Take the time to prepare for your interview in advance. In most cases, everything will go smoothly, but it will be less stressful if you practice in advance.
- Practice a day or two before the interview.
- Check your webcam and any headset or microphone as if you were going to do the actual interview. If possible, use the same video technology that you’ll be using during the actual interview. That way, you won’t have any last-minute installation issues or password problems right before your interview.
- Your camera should be at eye level (not above or below). A poorly placed camera can result in unflattering double chins or weird shadows. Check to make sure your sound equipment works properly.
- Regardless of location, make sure that you send any materials (resume, portfolio, etc.) that the recruiter needs in advance.
Background Check – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
During your test run, take a look at the background that shows up in the video. Does it look cluttered or distracting?
Plan to have your background be tidy. A plain wall is ideal, or an office-like setting. You may be able to choose an online background to use, depending on the video platform you’re using.
Pay attention to the lighting, too. You do not want to have light sources behind you since that will leave your face in the shadows.
For more information CHECK HERE:
What to Wear – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
The ResumeGo survey reports that most employers prefer that job candidates wear business casual, but many don’t have a preference.2
- Doesn’t matter: 44%
- Business casual: 52%
- Business formal/professional: 4%
The camera angle should show you from the waist up because your face is the real focal point. But if there is any possibility you will need to stand up, make sure your pants or skirt is professional. You don’t want to be the person whose inappropriate interview attire gets noticed.
During the Video Interview
Make sure the table and your surroundings are clean and neat. You don’t want to distract the interviewer. If you’re interviewing in your home, make sure that you are in a quiet space with no barking dogs, children, music, or other sounds.
Make eye contact, and remember, that means looking at the camera (and not the picture-in-picture image of yourself).
Use the same good posture you would use during an in-person interview. Avoid making a lot of hand gestures.
The Video Interview Process – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
- The company selects candidates for video interviews.
- Arrangements for an interview are scheduled.
- The company will provide instructions on how the interview will work.
- There will typically be 10 – 15 questions related to the job the company is hiring for.
What Employers Look For – Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview
What do employers want to see when they review videos from candidates for employment?
- Answer the questions asked, not the questions you wish were asked. Recruiters and hiring managers want to know you can do the job required, so they ask specific questions. A video is a faster way for them to screen seekers than traditional applications, so don’t give them a reason to not consider yours.
- Show creativity. In your responses, relate an experience that demonstrates how you can perform the job required. If you are recording interview responses in advance and applying to be a chef, for example, record your answers in the kitchen while you’re preparing a dish.
- Be presentable. Make sure you are dressed and groomed appropriately and practice your answers, so you have the best representation of yourself as possible. Videos are a great way to stand out from the other applicants who have only their paper applications or online text resumes. The best videos get forwarded and replayed many times.
- Have a resume and application ready. Video can get your foot in the door, but standard materials still get used at some point in the process. Make sure your experiences and best points match what you’re saying in the video.
Read More HERE
Thank you for the time you spent to digest this article on Tips for a Successful Video Job Interview, i hope you find this information useful, please share it in social media platform for friends and family.
- 30 Cheapest Colleges around you in Texas with Good Acceptance Rate.
- 7 Great U.S Colleges and Universities that offer Full Time
- Military Schools for kids 2022, Check out USA Application
- Interior Design Colleges in the United States 2022/2023
- Cost of Study in US for Undergraduate and Masters Program
- Best Ranked University in Computer Science in the World 2022