PolyUnwana Recruitment – Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State :The philosophy of the polytechnic is embodied in her MOTTO which is “SKILL FOR TECHNOLOGICAL FREEDOM”. The philosophy is principally aimed at inculcating in students and staff the discipline of hard-work to be able to acquire both the practical and theoretical skills necessary for self reliance.
PolyUnwana Recruitment – Qualification and Qualities
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a minimum of Master’s Degree, preferably a Doctorate Degree, from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic (viz, Science. Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen (15) years teaching experience, at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of application.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional bodyibodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue, racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional Interest.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital).
- Must be proficient In Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the Office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
PolyUnwana Recruitment Deadline: Apr 14, 2022.
PolyUnwana Recruitment Method of Application
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, twenty (20) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area,.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current Contact / Postal Address including Telephone Number(s) and E-mail Address.
- Educational Institutions Attended With Dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates.
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations.
- Honours and Distinctions (if any).
- Academic/Scholarly Publications.
- Conferences Attended and papers presented with Dates.
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with Dates.
- Present Employment, including Status, Salary, Duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of Own Vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar/Secretary to Council. Akanu lbiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana, RM.B. 1007, Aflkpo, Ebonyi State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
- Extra-curriculum activities
PolyUnwana Recruitment Position Rector
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 15 years
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field Education / Teaching
PolyUnwana Recruitment Job Description
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
PolyUnwana Recruitment – Note
- Reference Letters from the three (3) Referees, under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if Invited to interview, photocopies will not be accepted, Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
For more information visit the official Site of PolyUnwana Recruitment HERE
I hope you find this article helpful? Please Share it with friends and family. Use any social media button.