NSIA Job Vacancy for Portfolio Manager – Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority will be recruiting for Portfolio Manager at Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
Information on Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilization support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA derives its mandate from the NSIA Act which was signed into law in May 2011.
It empowers the Authority to receive, manage and invest funds in a diversified portfolio of medium and long-term assets on behalf of the Federal, State Governments, and Local Governments Area Councils in preparation for the eventual depletion of Nigeria’s hydrocarbon resources.
The role of the Stabilisation Fund is to provide budget support in times of economic stress; the Future Generations Fund is an inter-generational savings fund for future generations of Nigerians and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund is to invest in domestic infrastructure.
In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented, and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund – NSIA
Ref No: ES0094
Reporting to the Head, of the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a prudent investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects such as power generation, distribution, and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports, etc.
- Build and manage a well-balanced investment portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
- Identify viable infrastructure projects and advise management on investment decisions based on sound analyses.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Proactively monitor and supervise the portfolio activity, providing an up-to-date report to management.
- Provide an up-to-date analysis of portfolio activities.
- Provide market insight on a regular basis to share with other portfolio managers and executive management.
- Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Liaise with investment risk managers to appropriately assess the risks facing the portfolio in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Build strong relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State, and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s) and relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution, or a similar institution.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management, and business strategy.
- Hands-on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions.
- Strong business acumen, maturity, and tact, including the ability to relate with senior management of financial institutions and other stakeholders.
- Track record of successful investing.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
In addition, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating, and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations, and operating environment.
- Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs Portal 2022 Application Form,
- Job Position in Banking Sector 2022 Eligibility requirements,
- The 30 Best Paying Jobs for Graduates in America 2022 Update
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com or CLICK HERE For more information. Please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
I hope you find this article on NSIA helpful? Please Share it with friends and family. Use any social media button.