Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship – Applications for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship are now being accepted from eligible candidates. All students are eligible for this fully funded award, which is provided by Manaaki New Zealand.
About the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is currently open for interested qualified student, such applicant are advised to apply so as to stand chance for the award.
For qualifying residents of developing nations who wish to study abroad at a university or educational institution in New Zealand or the Pacific, New Zealand offers scholarships.
Applications from scholars in qualified nations will be accepted for studies beginning in 2024.
- University of Dundee Global Scholarships
- Confucius Institutes Scholarship
- SOAS University Postgraduate Scholarship
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Portal
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Portal is a page on the official websites of the institution where all registration process is carried out. You are to filled up your form and get your credentials/Document uploaded. To be selected, you must adhere strictly to instructions.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Full tuition fees.
- Living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$531 per week. This will help with a scholar’s basic living expenses.
- If you commence your study program online in your home country, your stipend will be adjusted to reflect the difference in living costs around the world.
- An establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation expenses, text books, or other study materials.
- Medical insurance when you are in New Zealand.
- Tutoring costs up to the value of NZ$1000, to assist with the cost of additional tutoring while you are studying if needed.
- Travel to and from your own country. This is for travel from your own country at the start of the scholarship, and for return travel at the end of your scholarship.
- Travel insurance
- Travel home during your scholarship. Scholars studying over 1.6 years are entitled to travel home to visit family.
- They usually allow for one or two trips, depending on the length of your scholarship. However, this is subject to border settings and other restrictions.
- Managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ): This is no longer required when entering New Zealand.
- They will provide support towards costs of MIQ upon return to your home country, if this is mandatory and your home government does not already cover this cost.
- Reimbursement for the costs of COVID-19 vaccinations if required by your study country or transit country, and for the costs of any COVID-19 pre-departure tests.
- Please Take note: costs will not be reimbursed for dependent family members. Scholars will need to meet the requirements stipulated by national governments and/or airlines with regard to the type of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19.
- Pre-departure test deemed acceptable. MFAT will only cover costs if a charge is occurred and a receipt is provided.
- Reintegration allowance of NZ$1000. This is to help with set-up costs upon your return to your home country.
- Help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
Requirements for the Scholarship
- To apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship.
- This means if you are 17 years of age when you apply, you must have your 18th birthday before you start your scholarship in semester one.
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants and applicants who finished high school more than 3 years ago, must have relevant work experience.
Work experience can be paid, unpaid or voluntary, and must meet the following criteria:
a). One year of full-time work experience (i.e. 30 hours or more per week), OR
b). Two years of part-time work experience (i.e. up to 29 hours per week).
c). They accept test scores from these four English competency testing systems:
d). IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) OR
e). TOEFL (the Test of English as a Foreign Language) OR
f). PTE Academic (the Pearson Test of English Academic) OR
g). Cambridge Academic English (advanced).
How to Apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
The application process is simple. To apply, follow the procedures below.
Interested applicant should Visit the official Portal or APPLY HERE to start the process
February 28, 2023.
Thank you for the time you spent to digest this article, i hope you find this information useful, please share it in social media platform for friends and family.