The International Rescue Committee(IRC) Recruitment: responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damaturu of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Title: Health and Nutrition MEAL Manager – Maiduguri
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The M&E Manager for Nutrition and Health position reports to Health and Nutrition Technical Coordinators with technical oversight by the Senior MEAL Manager. This position is responsible for leading all M&E related assignments and management of the IRC health and nutrition sectors in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states. The position supports the development and implementation of the programs monitoring and evaluation strategy to ensure quality, timely, and accurate information in support of the implementation of sector activities. This position will support the review of proposals to ensure that core sector MEAL activities are adequately captured, as well as ensure project logframes are well designed in line with the IRC measurement standards.
IRC – Job Overview/Summary
A. Health and Nutrition Thematic
- Support development, review and implementation of Health and nutrition project M&E systems, SOPs, guidance and measurement tools in line with the IRC MfA framework.
- Ensure that detailed and feasible health and nutrition project monitoring plans are developed that: i) provide an indicator matrix, ii) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data, iii) consider data quality audits, vi) consider storing, protecting, and sharing project documents.
- Closely work with Senior MEAL Manager, Health and Nutrition Technical Coordinators to ensure that all projects have tested standard monitoring tools that capture both activity and indicator progress overtime.
- Develop tools that aid documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- In consultation with the Senior MEAL Manager and health and nutrition Technical Coordinators, organize lesson sharing events to fertilize learning across different.
- Serve as a sector focal person on information management, lead and design diagnostic studies, evaluations, and surveys for the consortium.
- Develop/implement innovative ideas as regard to client feedback mechanism and ensure effective use of existing feedback mechanisms (FGD, hotline facilitation, suggestion boxes, exit interviews, IEC materials, radio jingles)
B. Design and Development
- Support the sector MEAL teams in development of detailed and coherent MEAL plans that provide
- Logical frameworks
- Functional databases
- Accessible project data
- Provide support in establishment and maintenance of monitoring systems across sectors
- Use learning evidence and data from previous projects to inform proposal design
- Engage in the design, method and conduct of surveys such as baseline and end line and the commission of evaluations in coordination with colleagues and partners
C. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with sector MEAL teams to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure data adequacy and completeness
- Responsible for providing consistent, supportive supervision as necessary to meet monitoring objectives and ensure data quality
- Work with MEAL and sector teams to track progress on action points related to implementation and MEAL activities
- Support data quality audits and resolve systemic problems in data quality
- Tracking and documenting best practices in monitoring and evaluation
- Supervise MEAL field activities
- Produce quality reports and updating dashboards with key findings that foster learning and decision making and share in project life cycle meetings and teams meetings
- Identify, detail and share lessons learned to improve services and results for our clients
D. Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Review existing M&E tools, systems and approaches and design various Health and Nutrition data collection tools, lead data collection processes and ensure high quality data is collected
- Advocate for and support the expansion of standard mobile data technology and online dashboards to enhance timeless and quality data collection, analysis and visualization
- Develop digital data collection tools and processes for online data management
- Establish and ensure timely data flow, quality checks and audits and updating of data visualization
- Undertake regular analysis of monitoring data and work closely with technical coordinators to facilitate decision making for real time program adaptation
- Participate in program coordination meeting and progress against activities and budget
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Health and Nutrition Coordinators
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: Senior MEAL Manager
- Position directly Supervises: Health, Reproductive Health and Nutrition MEAL Officers
- Bachelor degree in statistics, social sciences, development studies, project management or any other relevant discipline. A master’s degree in any field is an added advantage
- 4-5 years of consistent, proven, and successful experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning – specific experience in feedback management will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding or project management in a similar role/with similar responsibilities in a multi sectoral and multi donor environment
- Strong team management experience with sound capacities to work in a diversified team
- Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising deadlines or quality
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and competency in word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox, commcare
- Willingness to travel to field sites under demanding conditions
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Add position-specific (e.g. accounting software, statistical software, etc.).
Ability to Travel: 40% of time
Standards of Professional Conduct The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information on Application Visit the official page Here
I hope you find this information useful, please share it to friends and families.