IFDC Recruitment – International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment is currently ongoing, so applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are keen to join the services of IFDC apply, for more enquiry read more…..
About IFDC Recruitment For IFDC Recruitment
The International Fertilizer Development Center is a science-based public international organization dedicated to reducing world hunger by providing farmers with access to markets, better agricultural techniques, and fertilizer technologies.
Job Title: Assistant Economist –IFDC Recruitment
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in designing survey instruments and managing participatory action research processes.
- Assist in field data collection, secondary data collection, literature synthesis, and conducting field data analyses.
- Write, among others, journal articles and policy briefs, based on existing project data and objectives.
- Assist natural scientists to conduct an economic analysis of fertilizer trials/demonstrations.
Skills & Competencies
- Skills in framing social science research designs and conceptual understanding within an interdisciplinary context, to design and conduct field research activities across soil fertility management and good agronomic practices.
- Proven experience in mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative),
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
- Possess an open mindset and the ability to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and French will be added advantage).
- Ability to plan and conduct socio-economic studies for development
- Competence in statistical analysis and data collection
- Good skill in report writing and presentation of research results
- Proven knowledge in mobilizing communities and professional organization
- Supervisory skills
- Minimum of Post Graduate degree (Master of Philosophy) in Agricultural Economics, Social Science, Development Economics, or a closely related field such as Agricultural Development and Agricultural Innovation Systems Economics, and Development Studies. A doctorate degree in any of the above is an advantage
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in carrying out social research studies
- Experience in Agricultural Research for Development is an advantage
- A proven publication record on relevant topics
How to Apply