Table of Contents
Earth Journalism Network Grants – This is to notify you that the Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Coastal Resilience Media Grants 2022 Application is in Progress. You will find needed information on how apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, etc.
Earth Journalism Network Grants – Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Coastal Resilience Media Grants. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
These organizations will receive support to expand media coverage of coastal resilience in regional languages, conduct training for journalists through workshops or webinar series, delve into specific issues through enterprise or investigative stories, develop online courses or other resources for journalists and media professionals and other potential activities.
Earth Journalism Network Grants
- EJN anticipates supporting at least 3 organizations with up to $10,000 each in funding. Generally speaking, applications with smaller budgets will be more competitive, but they will consider larger grant amounts up to $10,000 for projects using innovative approaches that may be more resource-intensive and time-consuming.
Earth Journalism Network Grants Eligibility
- Media organizations, journalist networks, universities and journalism institutions focusing on coastal resilience reporting are welcome to apply.
- Civil society organizations, community-based groups and research institutes will also be considered – but only those with strong media and communication components that are dedicated to supporting fair and accurate reporting.
- They are accepting applications from organizations in any country in the world, with a preference for those from coastal countries. Generally, they prefer to support organizations conducting work in the country where they are based but will consider applications from organizations looking to collaborate with groups in coastal countries.
- For the purposes of this grant opportunity, they will only be accepting applications in English, Spanish and French.
- Applicants must either have a working understanding of English or have a translator available to assist with communication with Internews staff. However, project activities such as story publication may be completed in any language.
- Organizations must be legally registered in their country and maintain a bank account with the ability to receive international funds. Organizations in India and Bangladesh (and potentially other countries with similar requirements) must have the appropriate license to receive foreign funding to be eligible. For administrative reasons out of EJN’s control, they are unfortunately unable support organizations in Pakistan.
Earth Journalism Network Grants Project Objectives
They are accepting applications that seek to increase media coverage or train journalists on a variety of coastal resilience topics, including ecosystem rehabilitation, livelihood and food security, shelter and infrastructure, land use and development, managed retreat and more. They are particularly interested in projects that help journalists explore similar efforts and shared solutions (including living shorelines, reef and island restoration and more) across regions.
Proposed activities should contribute to the following overarching objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of journalists and media organizations to produce high-quality, factual and engaging public information on coastal risk and the impact of climate change on coastal communities, plus viable solutions to mitigate and respond to these impacts.
- Increase the quantity of high-quality content and media coverage on key coastal resilience themes to focus public attention on the intersections between the environment and social dimensions including food security, health, migration and more.
- Empower women, the poor, youth, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, Indigenous peoples, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and other marginalized groups to address the disproportionate impacts of coastal issues by amplifying their voices and increasing their access to high-quality, publicly available information on resilience.
- Improve access among policymakers, government and corporate actors and the public to factual, relevant and reliable information on coastal risk and resilience.
Earth Journalism Network Grants Criteria
Evaluated Application will be using the following assessment criteria:
- The overall quality of the proposal;
- The relevance of the proposed project in contributing to the objectives and priorities of this grant program;
- The potential impact of the proposed project, including the quality and effectiveness of the project design;
- The innovativeness of the proposed activities;
- The financial viability and cost-effectiveness of the proposed project;
- The ability of the applicant to carry it out;
- The geographical spread of the grantees.
Application for Earth Journalism Network Grants
What follows is how to apply for the Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Coastal Resilience Media Grants 2022 Application:
You need to register an account before applying for this opportunity. After successful registration, then you can apply.
Click here to register to access Earth Journalism Network Grants
Earth Journalism Network Grants Deadline – Last day to Apply
Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Coastal Resilience Media Grants Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on May 2, 2022 – Ends in: 24 days
Earth Journalism Network Grants Official Links
I hope you find this article helpful? Please Share it with friends and family. Use any social media button.