Table of Contents
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship: The DAAD program offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study. See eligibility guidelines, require qualifications, deadlines, and application process online.
The DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship
This scholarship program offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship Description
Level /Field Of Study:
The scholarship can be taken in Germany.
This DAAD scholarship is open to All students who want to study in Germany. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship Benefits:
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships Funding Duration
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in Germany:
- between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study program
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study program (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study program can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s program at the time of their application may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in a foreign country:
- usually one academic year; an extension is not possible.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships Eligibility
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diplom or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programs.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study program; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study program begins if it is not available at the time of application.
How to Apply for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship
The mode of application for this scholarship is online. Check https://www.daad.de to start the application process.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
The scholarship usually begins on 1st October, or earlier if the student takes a language course prior to the study program.
Kindly share this post on to your friends and family, wishing you success.