Table of Contents
Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme for Graduate Nigerians. Apply below Now.
Application Deadline:30th April Yearly
About Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme:
The Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA partnership involves the collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation, the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its Foundation for Young Talent in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau gGmbH – NWS). The idea of establishing a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme arose from a shared vision about addressing the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
The ADF-VDMA partnership aims at first-rate qualification for industrial personnel based on the German model of dual track training. The training programme is designed for the needs of the Nigerian industry and sustained by the expertise of German engineering. It offers vocational training for industrial workers as well as train-the-trainer programmes.The training concept is based on dual-track vocational training which combines theoretical and practical aspects.
The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies. The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
Which Fields are Eligible?
The course programme focuses on three core disciplines:
- Short Courses Mechanical Programme
- Short Courses Electrical Programme
- Full Trade Vocational Training Mechanical Programme
It consists of:
– seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks. and
– a 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme?
- Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Technical College
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme?
- Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
- Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies
- The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees.
- The trainings are open to the following groups:
- School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
- Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses
- The admission criteria for the different courses can be found above.
How to Apply for Aliko Dangote Foundation
To apply for the programme click this link
I hope you find this article on Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA helpful? Please Share it with friends and family. Use any social media button.